Dallas KOTH 2014 - Rules
These are the rules:
- All picks are made on the Picks page.
- If the website is down, emails can always go to
- All entries must be received by Saturday, September 6, 2014 at
10:00 PM Eastern time. There are NO exceptions. If the entry is not in, neither
are you. The game played on Thursday September 4 between the Green Bay Packers
and the World Champion Seattle Seahawks will not be a valid choice for Week 1.
- Pick one team each week to win, straight-up.
- If there are more than 50 entrants that survive to Week 13, then you must
pick TWO teams in Week 13. If there are more than 35 entrants that survive to
Week 14, or 20 entrants that survive to Week 15, again, you must pick TWO teams.
- All picks must be entered into the website by 12:45 PM Eastern time on the
Sunday of each NFL week.
- You cannot pick the same team twice during the NFL season.
- If there is a game or games on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday of the NFL
week, you may pick a team playing on that day, but the pick must be in
fifteen minutes before gametime. If you pick a team playing on Sunday, the
pick must be in by the normal time, one hour before the early games
(12:45 PM Eastern time).
- If you do not submit a pick by the deadline, you will be assigned a team.
If it is your first offense, you will be assigned the biggest favorite that
is available to you. On the second offense, and thereafter, you will be
assigned the biggest underdog, as of Wednesday morning's betting
lines. If you have already chosen that team, you will be assigned the next
biggest underdog, and so on, until you are assigned a team. The biggest
underdogs will be posted on the Picks page under the
- The Picks page will have everyone's pick listed.
This will be after the deadline for the week, and before the games start.
- If your team (and in Weeks 13, 14, or 15, EITHER of your two teams) loses or
ties, you are eliminated.
- If you are eliminated in weeks 1 or 2, you will automatically be entered in
the Dallas KOTH Losers league. Maybe that will ease the pain.
- If your team (and in Weeks 13, 14, or 15 BOTH of your two teams) wins, you will
advance to the next week.
- If all remaining entries fail to advance during a single week, those same entries
which were previously eligible during said week will all remain alive, and
will advance to the next week.
- The contest ends after Week 17. There is no continuation into the NFL
- The last team (or teams if we go through Week 17) standing with a
surviving entry will be the KING OF THE HILL
- Tell anyone and everyone about this website, and Good Luck!